Monday, October 3, 2011

Taking something and making it yours.

Woo! So I have skills. Today my bank was having a competition about guessing the amount of m&ms in a jar and I WON! How cool is that?! So I got $100 and the jar of m&ms. (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=255623794474751&set=pu.200043110032820&type=1&theater thats me!) Sweet. To reward myself, I headed to Kohl's to buy the new Simply Vera coat I had been eyeing. Here it is:


Its beautiful! But there is just something about it that isn't me. And what is that dead bird doing on the corner? With two simple additions, I made it much more unique and, well, me!


First I took the pins off of the dead bird brooch and made my own flower to put there. (I will probably do a fabric flower tutorial soon so you can make this too!)


Next I added some cute bias tape my boyfriend's aunt gave to me. I just sewed two strips to the belt and viola!



It's as easy as that to take even a designer coat and make it totally new and unique! So go for it! Add some flowers, lace, ribbons, whatever suits you and everyone will be totally jealous of your new wardrobe.
Love and Peace,
Myelle

No comments:

Post a Comment