Monday, October 3, 2011

Easy 10 Minute Purse

So... I lost my SD card somewhere in the depths of my room :( I'm having to work with minimal pictures here until I can find it. Oh man I seriously hope my dog Oliver didn't eat it... But ANYWAYS here we go with our first project! And I am absolutely serious it is the easiest purse there is. I was planning on going to Warped Tour with some of my friends, and realized I didn't have a bag! So literally 10 minutes before I left, I made this and it was perfect.

First of all, I would suggest using an interesting fabric, or else it might end up a little too boring. There is no specific measurement, just find a piece of fabric that is a good size for a purse for you when folded in half. After it is folded, (make sure the wrong side of the fabric is up. You'll be turning this inside out in a second) sew up both sides, and pay special attention to the bottom corners. (you don't want your change falling out) You can also hem the top, but that is up to you!
Cut off the excess fabric and turn it back so the right side is out.
Next take a long strip of the same fabric (or I suppose you could use a different type too, that might look cool!) and cut it into 3 strips. Now braid them!


After you've braided the strips, all you have to do is attach them to the bag, and maybe add a few buttons or ribbons for decoration. Now wasn't that easy?! This took me about 10 minutes total.

And there you can see my horribly messy room. It shouldn't surprise me that I lost my SD card in there! Ha!
Love and Peace,
Myelle

No comments:

Post a Comment